Your July Kaiho, "The Bussei Script": Waking up to Death
Learn all about the many activities and events in July relating to the Obon season and more, including Kenji Sensei's message "Waking up to Death."
Here are a few highlights:
- The monthly Shotsuki Service will be on July 1st
- Check out Buddhism 1,2,3, The Craft Group, Bingo and Tai Chi inside the Bussei Script.
- The office will be closed on July 4th
- Odori Practices will begin on 7/5
o Practices will be held on Thursdays at 7 p.m. & Sundays at 11 a.m.
o Please see the schedule on page 12 in the Kaiho
- The Temple Cleanup will take place at 9 a.m. on July 22nd. We will not have a service that day.
- Intro to Buddhism will not be held this month and will return in September.
- The Temple’s Obon Service will take place on July 29 with Guest Speaker, Rev John Iwohara at 2 p.m.
o Iwohara Sensei will offer a BEC Lecture after the service in the Hondo at 3:30 p.m.
o Odori will begin at 5 p.m.
o An Obon Bento box is available for purchase. Please fill in the order form found in the Kaiho or on the counter in the office. Drop off your order form in the office, mail it in. or call the office.
- The 23rd Annual BTSD Golf Tournament will take place on August 26th. For more information, check out page 6.
Obon Donation envelopes are on the counter in the office for the convenience of our emailed Kaiho friends and members.
Look for more details on all events inside the Bussei Script.
If you have any questions about the newsletter, or problems opening the link, please let us know.
Have a safe, happy 4th and a Joyful O Bon,
Buddhist Temple of San Diego